On Saturday, October 3rd, Dads Inc. will be hosting our 7th Annual Fairy Tale Ball. Please visit our Special Events page to learn more and to register. Hope to see you there!
As a Division of The Villages, the mission of Dads Inc. is to provide support and education for fathers in order to develop healthy relationships and positive engagement in the lives of their children.
The programs and events that Dads Inc. offers are activity-based and regularly changing. Every program has an educational component to it – a teachable moment – but primarily provides creative, unique and fun opportunities for dads and kids to spend quality time together, strengthening the father-child bond. In essence, we create the moment, but it’s up to our dads to make the memories that last a lifetime!
Most programs and events are fee-based, but thanks to the generous support of foundations and donors, scholarships are available for those who need financial assistance. Personal financial hardship should never be a barrier to spending quality time with our kids. Remember, almost any man can be a father … but it takes someone special to be a DAD!
1. A Dad is critical to his child’s positive emotional, mental, spiritual and physical development.
2. Mom and Dad are equally important in the lives of their children, and both should be equally responsible for their well-being.
3. All children, regardless of tax bracket or zip-code, are “at-risk” for negative life situations without an engaged father.
4. Traditionally, society has not given Dad the skill-set, training, or expectation needed to be actively engaged with his child.
5. Men learn how to be a Dad from watching their Dad. Positive fathering is generational.
6. Dad needs to be engaged with his children without regard to marital status to Mom.
7. Getting Dad actively engaged early in his child’s life will prevent him from ever becoming disengaged.