The Villages Young Professionals Advisory Board was founded in 2009 and created to allow young professionals (ages 21-40) the opportunity to help further The Villages mission and learn more about non-profit board service. The YPAB meets in-person, at The Villages Indianapolis office, once a quarter and also via conference call throughout the year to remain engaged and aware of all that is happening within the organization. Meeting times rotate between mornings and lunchtime.
The purpose of the board is to:
- CONNECT: Increase awareness of The Villages mission of championing every child’s right to a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
- LEAD: Engage volunteers and stakeholders, develop skills for future board membership and enhance community connections.
- SERVE: Assist program and support staff in their work with children and families.
Board membership responsibilities include:
- Organize two friend-raising events for The Villages every year.
- Make a yearly tax deductible contribution, at the level that is comfortable, to The Villages annual fund.
- Attend and participate in The Villages special events, fundraisers, board meetings and community events.
- Serve on at least one board committee and share your talents and expertise with the team.
2016-2017 Board Members
Board Chair – Kye Hawkins, Advisa
Secretary – Brittany Todd, Cornerstone Companies, Inc.
Recruitment & Retention Chair – Samantha Burke, Mentoring Women’s Network Foundation
Board Liaison – Kelly Lavin, Canvas
Are you interested in learning more about The Villages Young Professionals Advisory Board or joining this board of passionate people? Contact Sarah Cline, Director of Development, at SCline@villages.org or 317-775-6500.